This video is about the significance of the lymphatic system in the human body. You may be surprised to know that concerning the two fluids circulating your body– blood makes up only 25%. The other 75% is lymph fluid. Lymph fluid circulates the lymphatic system, and is responsible for transporting cellular waste that is ready to be eliminated. In the video, Dr. Robert Morse explains why learning the basics about the lymphatic system is the key to optimal health and well-being.
If you do not understand your lymphatic system, you will not understand anything of what the medical doctors loosely call diseases. – Dr. Robert Morse
Dr. Robert Morse explains the nature of chemistry as it relates to nutrition and the mechanisms that function in the body. He also discusses some of the contradictions that exist in today’s mainstream medical model for health and nutrition. And how this model’s treatment of signs and symptoms in the body often neglect to deal with the real underlying problems.
Dr. Robert Morse, N.D., D.Sc, I.D., M.H., has lectured and practiced in Natural Health Sciences across the world for over 40 years. Dr. Morse holds a Doctorate of Science in Biochemistry and a Doctorate of Naturopathy. He was given an Honorary Degree from the Medical Association of Portugal for his innovative work in Tissue Regeneration. A Master Herbalist, Dr. Morse has attained degrees from many other institutes. He was awarded the “Certificate of Excellence” in Iridology, Nutrition, and Holistic Healing by Dr. Bernard Jensen.
Dr. Morse is member of the following institutions:
- The International Association of Naprapathic Physicians
- The American Naturopathic Medical Association
- Honorary Member of ASPEMT
Dr. Morse is the founder and creator of God’s Herbs. He has made appearances on several television news programs and documentaries. He also has a YouTube channel of over 50,000 subscribers, where he regularly answers questions concerning nutrition, health, and physical symptoms of crisis.
- Dr. Robert Morse ND – YouTube Channel
- Dr. Robert Morse ND – Health Club Website
- Dr. Robert Morse ND – The Detox Miracle Sourcebook: Raw Foods and Herbs for Complete Cellular Regeneration (my affiliate link)
The Lymphatic System
The human body is comprised of roughly 100 trillion cells. Lymph fluid, which is derived from interstitial fluid around the cells, transports cellular waste that is ready to be eliminated to the lymph nodes. Lymph fluid, which makes up 3/4 of the body’s primary fluids, expels acidic waste externally through 3 primary organs; the left and right kidneys, and the skin. The byproducts of mechanisms in the body such as metabolism, respiration, lactic acid, and other chemical reactions create acids that must be expelled. It is not viable or possible for the body to reduce all the acids to base chemistry (neutralizing them) before they are excreted. All acids damage all cells indiscriminately. Therefore, elimination is a vital and central component in maintaining homeostasis in the body.
There are only 2 sides to chemistry: acidic, and alkaline. Acidic, often referred to as the masculine side of chemistry, is characterized as aggressive, corrosive, and inflammatory in nature. Alkaline, the feminine side, is healing, calming, and anti-inflammatory. Alkaline is the dominate side of chemistry in the world. This includes natural fruits and vegetables, which are approximately 80% alkaline to 20% acidic in structure. Acids are measured through the use of atoms of hydrogen. The pH (potential of hydrogen) scale is used to determine a substances acidity level. On a scale of 0 to 14. 0-7 is acidic, 7 is neutral, and 7-14 is alkaline; called basic chemistry:
(corrosive) very acidic ← 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 (7 Neutral) 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 → very alkaline (anti-acidic)
- Blood has a base chemistry of 7.4 pH. Blood is supposed to be alkaline.
- Cola, Pepsi, and Dr Pepper have an acidity of approximately 3.0 pH.
- Hydrochloric acid (stomach acid) has an acidity of approximately 1.8-2.0 pH. 10x ‘hotter’ (more acidic) than Cola, Pepsi, and Dr Pepper.
- Battery acid has an acidity of 1 pH. 10x hotter than hydrochloric acid, 100x hotter than Cola, Pepsi, and Dr Pepper.
- Chemotherapy has an acidity of approximately 1.5-2.2 pH. 10-50x hotter than the acids that are expelled from the cell as byproduct and waste (3 pH).
All trauma which is dietary related, is acidosis. Acidosis is when the blood is more acidic than it is supposed to be. The symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, fatigue; and can lead to death. When the blood is acidic it will leach calcium out of the walls of the arteries, veins, and anywhere within the vascular system. The symptoms which are caused by acidosis can include easy-bruising, hemorrhoids, osteoporosis, scoliosis, connective tissue weakness, herniations, and aneurysms etc. Acids create an anionic (negatively charged) environment, which causes dehydration and coagulation (clotting). The body has the ability to regenerate all cells. However, cells cannot regenerate in acidosis. Therefore, an important aspect of a healthy diet is to ensure you don’t introduce an imbalance of acids into the body.
The current medical model recommends high acid foods such as meats, grains, beans, cooked dairy, and many others. The accepted belief is that these high-protein foods are good for us because they contain protein. Protein is marketed as one of the most important components in our diet that is necessary for optimal health. Dr. Robert Morse disagrees with this model. You may not know, that the body actually has an inability to digest protein. What is actually sought in protein is the amino acids. Amino acids are released when the acids in our digestive system break down the protein bonds. Proteins must be broken down to amino acids before assimilation (absorbing nutrients). Dr. Morse poses that because it is the amino acids we are seeking for healthy nutrition– we should seek foods high in amino acids rather than protein itself. This is because foods high in protein, such as meat and nuts, tend to be more acid-forming (producing an acid residue) in the body, and can lead to acidosis.
Dr. Morse mentions a study conducted over approximately 30 years that shows a direct correlation between high-protein diets and developing colon cancer. To further demonstrate that protein is not as necessary as the medical industry propagates– Dr. Morse references the diets of the strongest animals in the world: gorillas, hippos, rhinos, elephants, horses, buffaloes, bison, and many more. These animals do not eat protein. They are herbivores which eat only plants. The concept of requiring excessive protein to maintain and build strong muscles is not evident in nature. Furthermore, Dr. Morse poses that humans are actually frugivores due to the resemblances of our digestive anatomy to our most likely ancestors– the chimpanzee. He discusses in the video his view that humans benefit most from a diet consisting of mainly fruits, melons, and berries.
This certainly has major implications for the bodybuilding and fitness industry, which heavily propagate the need for large amounts of protein everyday. In the efforts to follow the advice of ‘experts’ many have turned to protein shakes and drinks to fulfill their protein requirements– such as whey protein. Often with the use of milk. This is incredibly acid forming when digested, and can lead to kidney filtration issues. As a fitness enthusiast and bodybuilder myself, I was shocked by this fantastic article on the misconceptions around the over-used and highly revered– whey-protein.
- All plants, animals, and humans are concerned with 2 separate issues; consumption and elimination.
- Everything you experience is due to cells.
- Cells require carbon and oxygen to function.
- There are 2 major sources of waste within the body; digestive and cellular.
- Kidneys and the skin expel cellular waste.
- Adrenal glands influence the kidneys.
- High-protein diets affect the adrenal glands; which affect the kidneys ability to expel waste.
- Lymph takes damaged cells and waste to the lymph nodes for removal.
- If lymph stagnates, cellular waste can’t be expelled, causing intro-cellular acidosis.
- Fruits, berries, and melons are great foods to help move lymph fluid around the body; avoiding lymphatic congestion.
- Bacteria is vital in the elimination of waste.
- Radiation and chemotherapy are among the highest cancer causing treatments in the medical industry.